Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sorry it's been so long ...

I haven't posted in such a long time - I don't know where to start. First of all - the VA bar is not my friend - I missed the cutoff by just a few points which was not fun. Of the 10 people I knew personally who took it - only 3 passed, so at least I'm in good company. While a surprising number of people have suggested to try an easier bar (like MD or MA), I am now approaching this as a grudge match between me and VA! I've started studying again which is very hard to get back into.

The other thing I would like to point out to whoever may read this - unless you have ever taken a bar exam, you really have no idea how awful it is. If you have friends or family members who are preparing to take the bar, the best advice I can give you is to feed them, support them (from afar), and tread lightly. And please, please, please DO NOT ask incessantly about results. If they pass - believe me, you'll know it!!!! And if you have to ask - please don't ask in front of other people.

I also found it really funny that when people found out I didn't pass, they thought I was going to go into some sort of a shame spiral and jump off a bridge. It's a test - that's it. And a flawed test at that! Many, many, many people have to retake it and I really think things happen for a reason so this just means there are better things to come!

Moving on - my parents have finally decided to settle in the Northern Neck of VA (where the Potomac River and Chesapeake Bay meet) and have purchased a lot and will begin building a house in the next few months.

My twin brother and his wife had their first baby - my first time being an aunt and my parent's first grandchild - and he is wonderful! He is Joe IV and is a bundle of joy!

It's great being back in the DC area - I've gone to several Redskins games (and right now am very sad about Sean Taylor's passing), taken in some wonderful exhibits (like the Sandra Day O'Connor portraits at the National Portrait Gallery and the Annie Leibovitz exhibit at the National Gallery), reconnect w/ some of my old students and lots of old friends.

I'm looking forward to the holidays (although my time will be spent studying) and wish everyone all the best!

2 comments:

Jonathan L. Kramer, Esq. said...

Steph:

It's awful to miss, whether by a few points or more. Yet, a miss is a miss. At least you know that you're on the right track, just not far enough along the track yet.

Yes, you're in good company with those who didn't pass on the first try (including your's truly).

Buck up, and focus on February.

You're taking part in a time-honored hazing that we all go through.

Best of luck to you.

Jonathan Kramer, Esq.
TelecomLawFirm.com
Los Angeles, California

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the DVD e CD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dvd-e-cd.blogspot.com. A hug.